This Disappears When Logged In

Taiwanese beauty snake

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by replover, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. replover

replover Elite Member

Do chinese beauty snakes need to be kept as same temp as in summer, during the winter? Or should they be left to cool down? I've been keeping mine at 80F day and mid to low 70F at night. But it has refused meals recently. It had always eaten like a champ but of the last 4 feedings, it has refused two (ate every other time). It also seems to not eat frozen thawed anymore, instead eating live killed only. Its previous owner fed it poorly and it was significantly malnourished before so it had started eating like crazy as soon as I got him until very recently. I know its not much for a snake to skip a couple meals but this one has always been so hungry before and never refused anything. Also I notice that it doesnt ever like to eat within one week after shedding, but resumes afterwards normal. WTH???

Oh crap I am editing this I typed Taiwanese beauty in the title by mistake its a chinese beauty.

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Most keepers only provide a cool down period if they are planning on breeding there snakes. If you are not, you can keep it at a constant temp year round.

3. replover

replover Elite Member

Thanks! But well in the time I was typing this it just ate... So that's fine now. He was just being silly I guess.

But now a corn isn't eating for 2 weeks. Gosh why did god have to make snakes go off feed? Its like I am always dealing with one. When one is solved there is another one.

4. BRIZZY

BRIZZY Banned User

I do agree!! Haha glad to hear everything is going better. Also good luck!!

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! Anthony its just to keep you on your toes and make sure you don't get complacent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.