This Disappears When Logged In

Tai's Injury.

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Thalatte, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Yes there are probitotics for lizards. He was being given some but I ran out. Guess I will order more. Not like it isn't something handy to have.

2. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Recycling poo lol. Yuck. Yeah it does sound like he is his feisty self. Almost.

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Well last saturday He went in for his weekly bandage check and to get the stitches removed.
    The stump isnt healing as fast as she thought it would so the stitches will be staying in for atleast 2more weeks.
    However the leg break is much more stable then she thought it would be so He was put into a lighter bandage (its one layer of gauze and one layer of vet wrap loosely wrapped-whats the point of that?). He now has full use of his leg and is constantly trying to get out of his cage. In fact if the lock isnt engaged completely on his cage he can open the doors and then he jumps out. He will get his bandage removed next friday and will be able to go back into his mansion at that time.

4. zippy2013

zippy2013 Subscribed User Premium Member

Does the vet every say why she does things ? or Just does it and says good luck ? just wondering.

But at least he can run around and be happy next week!! that's exciting :p

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Nope she never explains and when I asked why she was wrapping it like that she just said she wanted to extend his leg so the tendons dont contract. Then when I stated he will have full range of motion this way and wouldnt it be better to just take it off now she said "well it needs to be wrapped so he cant knock it out of alignment by moving his leg"
    I just give up asking questions and as long as what she is doing doesnt injure him overly I just let her do what she wants.
    I did warn her though that any further damage done to him through veterinary neglect means I will not be paying to fix it nor will I pay off the rest of my tab. It will be up to her to offer her services free of charge and to comp me on future services needed for Tai.
    Tai's next appt is with Dr Wapples and she is much better at explaining and such.

6. zippy2013

zippy2013 Subscribed User Premium Member

that's good. at least someone new will bring more insight

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Maybe. I have tried to get Dr. Wapples to be his vet before but she is just out of vet school and not veryexperienced with reptiles yet so anytime she gets complicated cases she refers them to Dr. H who owns the practice and caused all of tai's issues.