This Disappears When Logged In

Taaastey!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Og_, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

I was looking for processed rodent to feed my animals and found this:

http://ratbeef.com/

But it looks to cater to people NOT reptiles! Ugh

I know that there are other countries in the world that eat this stuff.
    Just not me! Nowhere! Nohow!

I can't believe they have "Orlando style creole Mickey"! As in Mickey Mouse!

2. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Well... I can't say I wouldn't try it. All I know is that when I defrost the rodents for our snakes they stink, but so does chicken I guess. I don't know, it might not be that bad.

3. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

My chicken doesn't stink unless its rotten.

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

To me, meat is meat. My co-workers persuaded me to eat mealworms this summer. It wasn't bad. They are mostly shell.

Interesting. Wonder if they sell to the USA, lol. It seemed English was not the first language of their web designer.

This was hilarious too:

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

this just gets more amusing every minute:

What exactly is a Fehyman?

6. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

LOL I am reading this as I sit here eating Kangaroo Speidies and gtor bites that I picked up at the fair..both are awesome!

7. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Yeah, not everyone thinks it stinks, but I just don't like the smell of most meats.

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

All milk smells sour to me, regardless. I can't rely on my nose to determine dairy freshness, though thankfully, my tongue is usually more reliable (although we did have some milk the other day that tasted of strawberries.... I was perplexed.)

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Its also quite possible that the site is a hoax.

10. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

I guess it's not as bad as their sister companies: Kitty Meat and Kat Meat! Blech!!

11. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

It looked like a hoax.

12. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Could be, But it is logically possible that it is real. I've worked with people from various SE Asian countries and they tell me that they will eat anything that moves.
    One person told me how when the rice harvest came there would be little left over pieces of rice all over the place. He went on to tell me that they would let the mice come in and fatten themselves up on the leftover grain. Then they would catch and eat the mice. They called it "Fattened Mouse".
    Some of the poorer countries have very little to eat as far as meat and protein goes. If you ever watch that program "Bizarre foods" with Robert Zimmermen, They eat a lot of stuff that sounds worse than rats. But, It's just a way of life for some parts of the world.

If you were raised up on it and then came to America, You might still crave it. If I went to live in India, I would still want a cheese burger from time to time.

13. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sure that there are lots of people who eat rodents in North America also, muskrat; squirrel, rats, ground hog and many others. At least the rats there are fed good food and aren't eating in the sewers and garbage.

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I have eaten squirrel, rabbit (A Lagomorph, I know) and probably a few others. I would have no compunctions about eating rat. Horse is actually on my list too.

According to their site, their rats are raised in 100% all natural conditions. These could conceivably be rats that are wild caught.

15. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

I'm the same way. I usually get someone else to smell it. Milk is one that usually worries me a little bit and really the only thing I use milk for is cereal. I don't drink it unless it taste like chocolate.lol Although, I'm starting to like chocolate milk less and less. I'm just not a milk person.

16. mld

I hate the smell of any meat; I don't drink milk by the glass. The only milk I eat is if I make a coffee, Latte, or hot cocoa; and I eat my cereal with yogurt.
    As for the rat, no thanks, I would rather not.:-&

17. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If you are starving you might be surprised what would start to look good to you.

18. mld

So true Merlin, when it comes down to the crunch you never know what situation you'll find your self in. Some cultures eat grubs, tarantulas, all sorts of stuff. When your hungry enough you may not have a choice.

19. MamaGwynn

MamaGwynn Elite Member

W.T.F. has the site been taken down? When I go to that URL I get nothin'. Those quotes are hilarious though haha!

20. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I have yet to find any fresh meat that smells bad to me. Beef, chicken, pork, horse, fish, turkey, etc all smell great when they are raw. Ground beef makes me salivate.

Rotten meat is another story! Especially fish.

I imagine a rat doesn't taste too different than a rabbit. I suppose it's all in our heads. Kinda like the whole Cockroach aversion people have. It's an invasive pest that has the potential to be a disease vector, and I'm going to let it in my house/eat it?

It's all in our heads.