This Disappears When Logged In

'Swamp Brother,' Partner Charged with Violating Federal Wildlife Rules

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by Merlin, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

A Florida man who stars in the Discovery Channel's Swamp Brothers series and his business partner have been accused of violating federal wildlife laws, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.

Swamp Brother Robert Keszey and Robroy MacInnes, co-owners and managers the Glades Herp Farm in Sumter County, are accused of buying wildlife they knew was illegally collected from the wild.

Snake trafficking violations alleged: Snake trafficking: Florida men charged with rattlesnake violations - Morning Call

2. king1239

king1239 Elite Member

.... idiots

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Not too bright. It's not like they were off the radar so to speak.

4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

First things first, they haven't been found guilty yet and no rocks should be thrown until they have been found guilty! We need to remember that in America they are "innocent until proven guilty."

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  5. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

You are correct Rich. However, working where I work makes me jaded I guess. It's things like this that gives us all a bad name. Sad but true.

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

There is no doubt that the public will have him sentenced and executed them just by the headlines. It is another black-eye for the reptile community. On the other side of things though, we need to see all the facts and hear what actually transpired before we start throwing stones and cursing these guys. They have already made a statement that the accusations are lies. Lets allow the legal system to do its job before we start acting like the same people who judge all of us.

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Tis true. When I read the headlines I assumed charged meant it was a done deal. Hopefully they can muster a proper defense.