This Disappears When Logged In

Suggestions for Ball Python Vivarium ?

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by xRawrz, Apr 21, 2014.

1. xRawrz

xRawrz Active Member

Hey again ! Tomorrow I'm going to be buying some more things for my ball python Nagini for when we're next cleaning out the vivarium. I already have all the basics ( 2 hides, thermostat, everything for measuring temperatures/humidity all digitally ect ), so just basically looking for suggestions on what else I can get decoration wise. What I'm hoping to get is the rock style water bowl ( The current one is smooth so probably wouldn't help with the shedding? ) and maybe some kind of branch since he seems to like climbing ALOT. Other than that I'm stuck on what else i can include for him so any suggestion would be a great help!
    Sorry for all the nooby questions but I just want everything to be perfect for my little cutie :x
    Thanks !

2. jarich

jarich Elite Member

Plants are always a nice looking addition, add humidity and improve air quality. I know people always says they dont work, but Ive had one in my enclosure for years now that is doing just fine.

3. xRawrz

xRawrz Active Member

Thanks ! do you know which ones in particular are the best to use ? The only ones I managed to see today were small plastic ones so may have to look online :/ although I managed to get a sturdy branch and the rock water bowl I was looking for :D

4. jarich

jarich Elite Member

Nice, anything you can do to make more use of the space vertically is great. Not only does it give them more area to crawl around, but the spatial complexity of it actually helps stimulate them. Always a good thing in such little enclosures.

As for the plants, with BPs Id normally recommend starting with Pothos. They are basically weeds that are now common houseplants, you see them literally anywhere that sells plants. They grow in low light conditions and are almost impossible to kill.

5. xRawrz

xRawrz Active Member

Thank god, I inherited my mothers ability to kill any plant so there may be hope with this one. Thanks again ^-^