This Disappears When Logged In

Successful Egg Transfer!

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by jengal, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jengal

jengal Elite Member

Today we discovered that our AFT, Mocha, laid her eggs. I'm so excited! It can't have been more than 24 hrs prior to our discovering them, bec. I check daily. Rich walked me through the process of setting up the incubator and getting the eggs properly settled in. The temp in the inc. is now right at 80º. I feel like praying for the little guys because they seem so vulnerable, almost like an unborn or newborn baby. So, I'll do that.

Anyway, I'll post pics soon. The incubator has windows to view what's inside, like the little hatching dish w/ vermiculite, and the water dish. Would a shot of that interest the group, or is it standard fare among you super-herpsters? I'm sure the babes will interest everyone. But alas, mid-to late April is our time frame for meeting the little inklings in person. Can't wait...

I feel so blessed to have babies on the way, and to have the support of everyone at HC. What a great community. Yeah!!!!

Jennifer Gal

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

would we like pictures? You shouldn't even ask...we love pics of anything, cages, incubators, your grandma, your veggie garden. we like to be visually stimulated.

3. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

Very cool, and yes pictures would be nice. :)

4. jengal

jengal Elite Member

OK, I'll try to lay hands on my husband's camera tomorrow. This is so exciting! I usually get up in the middle of the night to check on the geckos. So I can check the inc. temp, too. This might turn out to be like watching a pot (watched pot never boils). Starting to sound like elements of a poem (herpoetry).

Great weeekend to you all,

Jen

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

that sounds awesome! good luck with the eggs. :)

6. jengal

jengal Elite Member

Small update: the incubator is serving us well - had held right at 80º all through the night. I'm relieved.

Jen

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats Jen. I know it's very exciting to get eggs and they seem to take forever to hatch.

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

sounds great

9. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Congrats Jen. Cant wait to see the pics of the little ones :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.