This Disappears When Logged In

Substrate for Frog Tank Flooring

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by DELTALEE, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I have 3 gallons of water, and a fake waterfall with a filter inside. Once a month I suck all the water out and replace the filters. Takes me about 30 minutes. Its not a big deal :)

2. DELTALEE

DELTALEE Well-Known Member

Really, that has encouraged me to investigate this a little more. That was my ultimate dream but never thought it possible for me. I have read so much about things that these little guys can pick up I think I am getting paranoid and too scared to try anything new for fear of upsetting their wellbeing.

3. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

Unless I'm mistaken I believe this is the moss substrate leahbrd was referring to Exo Terra - Products: Forest Moss

I had seen it a few days ago in a local pet store and it sounded familiar.

Not sure about how well it works though.

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yeah, you DO NOT want that moss. Its the same as the stuff in a bag, its just different packaging.

5. Kazooguyz2

Kazooguyz2 Elite Member

Thats what I thought too. I changed out all the moss ion my setups for eco-earth. Really cool stuff. All my frogs seemingly know when it's time for a bath and in the water they go to get the little bit of stuff off. I have to change the water a little more often but the FBT's tank is semi aquatic with a filter so most eventually gets caught in there. Love the pics Liz, now I'm thinking about a Whites for the spare tank. Good luck with the change of substrate, you will enjoy it just as much as your frogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.