This Disappears When Logged In

Steve Irwin - farewell Crocodile Hunter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huhwhat, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tippmann357

Tippmann357 Elite Member

2. Kam88

Kam88 Active Member

Did anyone else cry? I spent about ten minutes with tears streaming down my face when I first found out this morning.
    He was one of the people who inspired me to start keeping various reptiles. I gained respect for the little(and big) scaly creatures through his documentaries.

That tribute didn't help either. Of course I was straining to keep back the tears. I remember that song from when my friend died too... :(

3. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

vey sad...and was talking about the guy just last night.... very sad

4. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

came pretty close! i spent the entire day frequently tearing up about it. i've been pretty unhappy through the day :(

5. Tippmann357

Tippmann357 Elite Member

6. MRHickey

MRHickey Elite Member

On the brighter side, he died doing what he loved, working with animals in an effort to educate those around him. I think I can speak for most in saying that I wish I could be the kind of man that he was, he lived life on the edge, but was a simple man who was always ready and willing to help out every thing that was less able than him, animals, plants and people. He was a great man and will be soarly missed.

7. grim

grim Elite Member

I'm completedly speechless at his premature death, i never expected him to go this way. I really feel sorry for the family he left behind. Steve irwin is probably the reason i why i ever even got into herps....He will be missed, i never even got to meet him... we were going to go to australia in two years too.. I'm very upset at this giant loss to the herping community. R.I.P. Steve Irwin

8. Paige

Paige Elite Member

I was shocked to hear this this morning! even though he did some dangerous things, I could not belive he was gone, and his family must be horrified! He had a daughter and sone> he was loved and he did cool things for the herp world. I wish his family the best and I am sure the world is sadened by this loss, I am in disbelief still....It is a terrible shame =(

9. Tippmann357

Tippmann357 Elite Member

10. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

He was a great conservationist. He did the animal world a great service. His kids will grow up knowing their dad was a great man. I'll miss his unique personality.

11. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

This is a tremendous loss especially for his poor family. But, as a few people have said, at least he died doing what he loved and not from something stupid like a plane crash or something.

12. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

Anyone watching "The Confessions.."? It's 2 years old, however..

Especially sad when they show his Daughter and her enthusiasm about her Father.

13. T-rex

T-rex Elite Member

yes i was also watching that .so sad!:( i can't believe this:( i found this poem thought it was pretty cool!

written by 4theSNAKElady of bp.net

You owned and operated
    The Australia zoo
    Millions of animal lovers
    Respected and admired you

You wrestled crocodiles
    without fear or fright
    And for the conservation of animals
    You put up a fight.

Entertaining and educating
    With passion and desire
    Khaki shirts and shorts
    Were you're only attire.

You got kicked, pooped on
    Bitten and scratched
    But that didn't stop you
    From coming right back.

We'll never forget the words
    "Little beauty", "crikey", and "rippa"
    Or all the funny times
    When a little snake bit ya.

Though you are gone
    From an unfortunate misadventure
    We will never forget you
    As Crocodile Hunter we'll always remember.

14. kremlinator

kremlinator Banned User

I for one cannot believe he is gone. He was basically my only living hero. What a champion he was.

15. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

Well i for one am feeling really really sad about the loss of one of Australia's and the world's biggest reptile ambassadors :(

R.I.P Steve - reunited with your mum in heaven catching crocs over the rainbow bridge :(

Deepest condolences to Steve's family, friends and colleagues :(

16. Paige

Paige Elite Member

GEEEZ, this is sooo sad and I still can't or don't want to believe it...I could cry =(

17. jmherp

jmherp Elite Member

Just like Rich (You can tell we are FAMILY men, lol.) I first thought of his family, both kids so young, and from what I can tell so far, this "adventure" with the stingray was footage to be used on his new kids show he was doing with he daughter... He will ge greatly missed. I bet you all anything though, that there will be a feature in upcoming months reptiles magazine, they always do a tribute to anyone lost in the reptile world...

18. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

R.I.P. steve. You were a really good herpetologist.

19. joeking

joeking Elite Member

RIP...he well not be forgotten and I hope his family is doing ok.

20. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

i was watching that too. Bindi's so cute its such a shame she and her brother are so young. sad. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.