This Disappears When Logged In

Stacking Enclosure Questions

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by SammieLee, Jul 26, 2013.

1. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

I am building 2 4' by 2' by 2'.... I want to be able to stack them but I don't want them attached because we live in a rental and I know we will have to move them one day. Wondering the best way to build them so I know they are strong enough to stack?

Also would love to add a little storage under the enclosure stack....

Also what is the best size for ball pythons?? Would love to just add them to the stack. Was thinking 4' by 2' but unsure of has tall to make them... I have the glass for the doors all ready if I can make them 2' but if they should be shorter would have to find something else...

2. jarich

jarich Elite Member

4 x 2 x 2 is a great size for a ball python. Give them the room and they will make use of it.

If you are using 2x4s in the corners, and arent using substrate, you should be fine stacking them on top of each other. Even 2x2s would probably be fine as the supports would be right on top of each other, thus the weight would get distributed down through the stack. Are you putting substrate in any of these?

3. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

The bearded dragon ones will just have tile but the ball python ones I'm unsure yet.....I was thinking about using something but not sure what yet.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Frame it in 2x4s and make sure to put one in the middle of the long side. My 2x4x18 has developed a slight bow in the top.