This Disappears When Logged In

Spoiler Feature for Posts?

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by hcfwesker, Oct 15, 2011.

1. hcfwesker

hcfwesker Elite Member

My best guess is this is a vBulletin forum software, don't see any software copyright at the bottom, so not sure if it's available on what ever forum software this is. Was going to suggest if we can get the "spoiler" feature added for when making new posts/topics. It would be very handy for organizing large posts with different sections wrapped around a spoiler tag, or even when many pictures are grouped together, could make the posts look a little cleaner.

It's no biggie if it won't be added, I'm just used to using them on other forums, and they do help tidy up really big posts.

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm not really certain what it is you are asking for. A "spoiler" to me is when a post contains hidden content that a member must click to view. If you could, shoot me a PM with a link to an example.

3. hcfwesker

hcfwesker Elite Member

4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats a Simple Machines site. If I were to add a spoiler to this site it would be in the users post like they are now, except the contents would be hidden until clicked. The posts would still be formatted the way they are. I didn't look at the code on the site linked but hiding the content like that could also be bad for seo, which would result in less search engine listings and activity.

This is a vBulletin site. I am not a fan of advertising companies for free so I paid for copyright removal.

5. hcfwesker

hcfwesker Elite Member

Can't argue with that point. Thanx for your time. :)