This Disappears When Logged In

Spiny-tailed Iguana Identification Help

Discussion in 'Ctenosaura - Spiny Tail Iguana' started by klogue2, Jan 29, 2014.

1. klogue2

klogue2 New Member

Hello all, I have acquired a spiny tailed iguana that I'm not sure the actually species of. I would like to know what to expect as far as adult size. I do know of basic care for the general Ctenosaura group, but I'd like to know what to expect as I said.

Currently it is in a 40 gallon breeder cage with tile substrate. Basking spot is 108 F. Unsure of humidity as I do not have anything to measure it. He has a half log to bask on, a bowl for greens, and a large bowl for mealworms and superworms. He's eaten a couple supers and a few crickets so far but no greens yet. He's semi-tame, does not bite but a little squirmy.

He looks to me like a Mexican spiny-tail (C. Pectinata I think?). Very young if he is, only 13 inches long.

Let me know if you can help identify him, and any tips for keeping these iggys would be great!

GEDC3559.jpg GEDC3560.jpg GEDC3561.jpg GEDC3564.jpg GEDC3565.jpg GEDC3566.jpg GEDC3568.jpg