This Disappears When Logged In

Soft Lump In Cwd's Mouth?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by zard72, Sep 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. zard72

zard72 Well-Known Member

I apologize in advance for the long read.

My dragon has a soft lump on the inside of his mouth way near the back of his jaw. I have included a picture. The black thing is dried blood that I could remove with a q-tip,but I thought it better not to be in his mouth any more than I have to. The flash also makes his teeth look very yellow, but in person they are much whiter.

He has had it for a few weeks, and it didn't seem to bother him at all, even when I touched it. I started putting 1% iodine on it in the hope that it would heal. Five days ago he started waking up with blood on the outside of his mouth and he only ate one bite a day (for four days straight).

I made him an appointment with the only vet that sees reptiles as soon as I could (which was three days ago). The doctor cleaned his mouth with an iodine swab and gave me a four day course of enrofloxacin to give him. On the second day, he started eating again. (I fed him mushed banana with calcium and vitamins so that he wouldn't need to chew.) I am still giving him iodine twice a day.

Today (third day) he seems fine except that the lump is still there. The vet told me that he doesn't think that the lump is the reason he wouldn't eat. He also said he doesn't know what caused the lump. He did not want to remove it because he thought it would be too painful. I am pretty sure it is not mouth rot, as the lump is not yellow or hard. It is soft and pink.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be or any advice?

Thank you.

Attached Files: