This Disappears When Logged In

Snuggle up with this Nile :)

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by rugbyman2000, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugbyman2000

rugbyman2000 Elite Member

With all the talk about friendly Niles, I wanted to share these photos when "the whole gang" was piled up while we watched a movie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Larry" is an 11-yr-old Ornate Nile Monitor and the furry creatures are a 4-yr-old Jack Russel and a 1-yr-old Boston Terrier. They get along really well although I don't usually leave Larry alone with them just to be extra careful.

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I like it! very cute! I have a sulcata that thinks he needs to snuggle me when I am laying on the floor, lol

3. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Cute picture...I wish my iguana liked to sit still and watch TV with, he'd rather be ontop of my head or the TV or all over the place.

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Very cute. :)...Furrys are cute to, especially the Boston!

5. The D

The D Mango Empress

aw, very sweet. my rtb used to curl up under the blankets and watch tv with me all the time.

6. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Very cool Jesse. He's definitely an exception to the rule that Niles are nasty.

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

awwwww. I wish i had a lizard that snuggled. I'll have to make due with my cats. Nice pics!

9. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

That's sweet. I've never seen a monitor that snuggled up with someone like that before.

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Very cute Jessie!
    Reminds me of my friends big savanna that she raised. She was a little woman and the lizard was almost as big as she was.

11. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

thats awesome!

12. Nate83

Nate83 New Member

There must be no one on this list who knows a lick about monitors. The only monitor regardless of species that would "snuggle" like that is a sick monitor. Give that monitor the temps it needs and I'd bet you it wouldn't sit still for a minute. If you want to snuggle that's what dogs and cats are for.

13. rugbyman2000

Yes, generally people certainly cannot expect their monitors to turn out like Larry. However I have heard a few stories of folks who have spent many hours working with their monitors over the years and the monitors grew to tolerate plenty of human or dog interaction as a result. Having such an easy going Nile (Ornate Nile actually) around is a lot of fun!

14. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I agree Jesse. While it's definitely not common. It does happen. Usually more common with Savannahs.

15. rugbyman2000

I agree from my experience I have always heard the most common "tame monitors" are savs.

We got a great picture/story about an adopted sav sleeping with its new owner. It's on our rescue's happy endings link:
    Sav Happy Ending

Check out the picture and read the story you'll love it!

16. Spazzy

Spazzy Member

wow awesome pics. Nice lizard... wish mine were as calm as he is :)

17. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

nice nile!

thats a pretty big JRT, it isnt a full breed is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.