This Disappears When Logged In

Sneak Peak-55g Paludarium

Discussion in 'Paludariums' started by CodyW, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

I've been working on this for....well....ever :D

Anyways the lights for this came today, along with my reef tank lights :) ahsupply is the place to get compact fluroscents from, everything was PERFECT! I wasn't going to take pics until it was completely done, but I couldn't resist, and I started, but my batteries die and I have to run to work. I'll be finishing the hood tommorow, so Ill take some good pics tommorow, I should be picking up some plants too.

I'm kicking myself for not doing a construction journal but I worked on it in so many increments it would have been impossible to document. If any one is wondering about anything let me know.
    [​IMG]

The plants are becoming pretty hard to track down. I want all plants from the andes region. Hopefully I'll be getting some plants this week. I don't want anything that has to be trimmed frequently. I'm going to use mostly plants in the water section that will protrude from the water, to give the tank more area for the frogs.

I'm still working on what fish I'm going to get: tetras, mollies, or guppies. I want some very small fish. The water also isn't very deep, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. They just have to be from the andes ;) They also need to eat fruit flies.

It is going to house a trio of Epipedobate tricolor. This is a pic of the ones I hope to get, the pic is from herpetologic.net
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the quick post. Tommorrow I'll get some better shots and take some time to outline what all I have going on.

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

Very cool Cody. I look forward to seeing it with its inhabitants! :D

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Looks great..I cant wait to see them either lol :D

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Great job Cody....hurry up with those pics :p

5. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Thank you for the compliments. It is such a relief to have this beast done. It would have been more fun if I had some spare time to actually have done this :D

I too can't wait to see it with inhabitants :) But we need to wait until spring to ship the frogs. I'll get more pics tommorow as I should be getting some plants, and possibly fish. The hood should also be stained, to match, by tommorrow evening.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Great job Cody! I bet once you have it all planted and inhabited it will be one of those displays where you just drag up a chair and veg out in front of it!

7. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

I really hope so. The frogs have a call similar to canaries and my plant selection is not very broad but very refined, lots of slow growing flowering plants. So toying with lighting and humidity should cause the plants to respond. In a sense a vivarium is a living entity, and I get to watch it grow up :)

8. chrisandbk

chrisandbk Active Member

looks great i cant wait to see it when its all planted!

9. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

wow cody, you really need to be keepin up with these pics. Do a step by step pic thing like the one on blackjungle.

Cant wait to see the finished product!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.