This Disappears When Logged In

Sleeping Question

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Hailey devine, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Hailey devine

Hailey devine New Member

My iguana likes sleeping under blankets. When he has his head out he'll eventually crawl all the way underneath. This is how he's sleeping now. Is this OK ...he won't suffocate Right?

Attached Files:

2. EctoJoJo

EctoJoJo Well-Known Member

I think he would have be wrapped pretty tight to suffocate. Is this in his enclosure or is he a free-roamer?

3. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

My dog does this whenever he sleeps, he mummifies himself. Don't worry he won't suffocate as long as it's not a trash bag or something.

4. Hailey devine

Hailey devine New Member

He is a free roamer

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, can you give details of the conditions in your home, do they closely resemble their natural habitat?

6. Hailey devine

Hailey devine New Member

He has a setup with his light and a doggy bed that he lays at. There are also plants there as well. If he lays there he will stay there all day ... He likes to sleep behind the fridge or at the window seal or in my bed also he also has a cat tree that he climb

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Can you show a few photos and say what the ambient (air) temp is, plus the surface temp at the basking site, the humidity range and how you measure all those? How long have you had the iguana?

8. Hailey devine

Hailey devine New Member

His main area doesn't have humidity but he hangs out in the shower everyday if not every other day ...so thats where he gets his humidity from. If he wants it he will hop in the shower and paw at it until we turn it on. He does also go outside. I've had him for about 2 1/2 years .... My mom got him as a baby 5 years ago.

Attached Files:

9. jayduvall

jayduvall Member

The only issues I see are the humidity, they will in thier natural habitat be in 70-80% humidity thier whole lives... In your home not being in an enclosure with a controlled environment, they can slowly get sick and die of organ failure. And it will not show till they are very sick. Thier organs will slowly dry out. Not trying to sound harsh but there are many other risk factors with free roaming iguanas.....