This Disappears When Logged In

Sixxs Tank :)

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Jessica90, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Not being able to type really has nothing to do with it. You just need to slow down and LOOK at what you have just typed. It won't take but a minute or two.
    I personally am a LOUSY typist!
    I generally have to go back and correct numerous spelling mistakes in my posts. If I just typed and sent it in most people reading it would imagine me to be an ignorant buffoon.

The problem is the slang and the misspellings do not only cause problems with the translator programs. The misspellings make YOU look like you are unintelligent and illiterate. Two things that I know that you are NOT from talking with you.
    But with written words, appearances are important and is often the only judgement someone has of who they are dealing with.
    If someone comes across as not very bright, people will often not bother to reply to them as they fear that they are wasting their time.

2. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

to be 100 percent honest i could REALLY careless what anyone on a reptile forum thinks of me if you would like to think I'm unintelligent and illiterate i do not care in the least so go for it i know that i am not either one maybe careless with my typing or a bit in a hurry because i have so many thoughts going threw my head at one time shoot possibly even a little ditsy also but i don't care if people on line thank that i do go threw and check what i can check i just forgot to do so in a couple posts i understand what you mean by the translator and i appreciate your opinion ill try harder to not make mistakes in my typing because i don't look over it with a fine tooth comb once again I'm sorry

and also i honestly hope people on here don't base answering someones post on how good or bad they type and they answer it TO BE HELPFUL which is the whole reason for forums like this to teach people new and old in reptiles how to care for there animals regardless of there typing skills i know i don't go threw and pick who i will reply to based on there typing that's really sad... this has been one of my favorite forums ive probably ever been in everyone is polite even in there disagreement in some issues but ill keep hoping they no one is basing helping someone over there typing...

can we please oh please move on from my typing lol ! :) ill put my super spelling no slang glasses on it'll be like a new girl ! lol

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

That's what we are here for, to help each other out!
    But it's a lot easier to read a post that has punctuation and isn't text talk, I try my best to know what things mean, but imagine being from another country and using a translator to post your questions and not being able to understand what is being said! It would be very frustrating for them and they may just give up and not bother asking any more questions.
    I'm not a very technical person, but when I type my posts will let me know when I have made a typo, well most of the time. Sometimes I do have to go back and edit my posts, its just a part of being a member and one of the rules/regulations that we read when joining.
    No one is saying that you are not intelligent, just need to slow down your typing and try your best to keep the jargon out.

4. mld

I think that's a great idea! :D

5. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

ok guys.

i don't even no how to use punctuation well which is why i don't use it so i just wont talk much anymore thinks everyone for your help on my tank :)

6. mld

This would be better;

i don't even no how to use punctuation well, which is why I don't use it! So I just wont talk much anymore. Thanks everyone for your help on my tank :)

Just try not to have run on sentences, they are hard to know where one point begins and where one ends.

Just use spell check! There is no need to get so upset about having to use proper grammar, I'm sure that when you write a paper for school, you have to use proper spelling and punctuation. It's just a part of life.

7. Vers

Vers Elite Member

It would be even better if she used the word 'know' instead of the word 'no' :p (Now I'm just picking on you--kidding of course :D)

8. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

i haven't been in high school for 4 years so nope I don't do that in school and medical assistants don't write papers.

9. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

and spell check does not fix punctuation it fixes spelling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.