This Disappears When Logged In

Silkworm(s)

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by DSling, Dec 31, 2011.

1. DSling

DSling Well-Known Member

IMG_0133.jpg IMG_0134.jpg

Here is the pics that I owed you guys. The square is my Ipod Nano for size comparison. The large one was 3 in long. I had to hold it up because I didn't want to have to disinfect my ipod before I could use it again. Then my son helped me place it in the little one. Their poop was dried out so there wasn't a problem. The little ones were fed every other day and the large on was fed everyday.

2. DSling

DSling Well-Known Member

@ Evozakira You can wait a day without having any issues. I used a small soft paint brush to transfer them one by one to a separate container. Just make sure you put some tool down so you can lift them out later on. So to recap, place tool down. Put some chow in. Transfer one by one to get the out of the petrie dish.

Have you been using a light 14h on 10h off? That will make them hatch closer together.

3. SirCal

SirCal Member

Wow great post I know this is old but I just recently ordered some silkworm eggs and looking forward to them arriving this week so Im frantically searching the internet for ALL INFO on silkworms! I got hooked on the idea of silkworms when reading about their nutritional content I am currently interested in raising them for my kio. I'll post when they arrive and hopefully have some luck.

4. SirCal

SirCal Member

Got my order of 500 eggs and they hatched in about 5 day while being kept at room temp. They are extremely small so I hope that they grow fast!

Attached Files:

5. SirCal

SirCal Member

UPDATE photos

Attached Files:

6. SirCal

SirCal Member