This Disappears When Logged In

Show and Tell

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Wildflowernw, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildflowernw

Wildflowernw Elite Member

Just got a couple of new pictures of my 2 chams. Girlfriend the Jackson was born in mid november 2008 and Tiger the Panther was hatched on Dec 1st 2008.

Attached Files:

2. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

They are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

3. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Adorable! :)

4. Wildflowernw

Wish I hadn't lost the male Jackson. They were not for breeding as they were from the same batch of babies but the male was just so inquisitive. Put something new in his cage and he was all over it right away. Girlfriend just closes her eyes and parks for a long time before she'll get a look at stuff.

She is starting to open up much more there now.

L.

5. kiraturmc

kiraturmc Elite Member

Beauties!

6. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

are they in the same enclosure?

7. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

It's always hard to lose a Cham, the sad part is it happens often. Not just from improper care, but that most chams have a short lifespan compared to other reptiles. The avarage male will live from 4-7 years, while the avarge female from 2.5-4 years. For most female chams 2 years is retirement age. So when planing to breed it's best to get a young pair, rather then adult pair.

8. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Chameleons are so cool! :)

9. Wildflowernw

No, they have their own encloser and can not see one another either. Girlfriends brother had his own place too.
    Linda

10. Wildflowernw

Oh, and Tiger has already made it real clear from day one "Do not touch me." that's why he's in his cage for the picture. He wasn't real happy that I had to bend a branch down to see him either. Check out those stripes... they say "Stay back!"

11. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Really nice looking chams. I don't think they are for me though as I am more of the hands on type. I only have one snake (the blood python) that I can't hold and that is killing me as I just love her size. Still she is a rescue and I hope with allowing her time to settle in that she will eventually realize that I am not the enemy and therefore not bite-worthy.

12. Wildflowernw

One of my Beardies used to be standoffish. Never bit me but would flatten himself and hug the ground "Don't pick me up."

I think I just started working with him especially in the morning as I let the encloser cool down a little at night. So my warmth was a real good thing. I started by just picking up his front end till he relaxed. Then that was it till the next day. Didn't take long at all for him to be relaxed when I pick him up.

Now I know nothing of snakes but I didn't know much about Beadies either. Still much more to learn too.

Linda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.