This Disappears When Logged In

Should I Rescue Him?

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Ripkabird98, Aug 12, 2012.

1. brooksy

brooksy Elite Member

If you are sure you are doing it right your way, please refrain from coming onto the forums to ask or advice and feedback. No one here likes to read about someone who "knows best" after asking for advice.

I only attacked IF you don't care enough to find a way to provide the care that most of us see as the basic requirements. IF you WANT to, you will find a way. Until you are sleeping on the floor with nothing left in your home, you have stuff to sell and there's always things you can do with the time spent on here, to make money (mow lawns, walk pets, paint fences, get a part time job, etc). I only mention this to help you problem solve as I previously stated that I hoped you would do everything in your power to care for your pet.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ok this is getting ridiculous!
    Ripkabird, NO ONE has attacked you or treated you rudely.
    In fact it is the other way around.
    You are being told things that you don't want to hear so you start getting defensive and being rude! Everyone is bending over back wards trying to help you and you don't like the fact that they are not just patting you on the head and telling you that whatever you want to do is ok!
    You have people with far more experience than you, trying their best to help you and prevent you from getting in over your head and you are doing nothing but arguing with them.
    And for a point I too have birds and having them in CAGES around the reptiles is no big deal.
    As for the parakeet. ANY cage can be made escape proof with a little observation and thought. And if it flutters down into that open topped dragon enclosure, the dragon can kill it!

Interspecies interaction is a REALLY bad idea! Dogs are predators and you cannot take that out of them!

Its time to grow up a bit and learn to take advice without throwing a temper tantrum.

3. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Wow...

1. Asked for advice.
    2. Received advice in a very polite form, from several people.
    3. Got "tired of hearing the same thing over and over again".
    4. Played victim and responded rudely.
    5. Blamed everyone else for not following constructive criticism.

The original poster was advised to ONLY take in the dragon IF money was available for AND the proper care was given. And that includes not allowing all the animals to sniff and play and mingle together.

I will never understand the lack of humility in people that causes them to ignore sound advice and then attack just because they don't like to be politely corrected.

4. SpookyCheerios

SpookyCheerios Elite Member

Just a bit of info if you plan on getting any more reptiles (or any pet for that matter) in the future. When you are asked if you have the funds, do not say yes if you only have enough money to purchase the animal, and even it's very basic needs. In most cases the animal actually ends up being the cheapest part of it all, especially with reptiles. You need to have back-up money for things such as new lights, vet emergencies, food, etc! You are essentially this animal's parent now, you need to care for them like you would your own child. Not providing a child with the proper food or anything else they need, or putting it in dangerous situations (even if you fail to see it as dangerous) would be child abuse. Don't think that just because you took it out of worse conditions, that you can still treat it sub-par because it doesn't expect any better.