This Disappears When Logged In

Shipping ?'s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tink, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tink

tink Elite Member

How exactly do you go about shipping a reptile? And can anyone just do it?

2. venus

venus Founding Member

3. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Thanks Marsha I was wondering the same thing. You don't require any vet health certificates or any thing. Do the animals usually come through alive? Do you mark the container live animals?

4. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

The article is good for lizards, BUT:::: Just about every carrier now will not knowingly accept reptiles. However they are two faced about it. They do accept them from customers that "they say are grandfathered in" I know that it isn't nice, but I have been known to overnight some electronic components.:mad:

5. venus

venus Founding Member

I have never had any problems with DHL accepting a package. I mark on the box, live harmless lizard. Knock on wood, I have never been refused. All you have to do is sign a waiver. I believe Fed ex/UPS are a little harder to ship through.

6. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

My bad.:eek: I should have been more specific. They will no longer accept Snakes.:eek: Heck, even the Postal Service will accept lizards. But seeing as I spent 2 weeks shy of 20 yrs as a Postal Svc. Supervisor I know that the USPS is nowhere near what it used to be and I care too much for herps to entrust one of them to "uncle":eek:

7. venus

venus Founding Member

LOL Fran...Yes your bad :p...Just ship a snake and call it a legless lizard..:D

8. madamwlf

madamwlf Member

FedEx Certified

You can get certified with FedEx to ship snakes. I am. It's a long process but well worth it if you plan to do a lot of shipping. My account with FedEx states I'm authorized to ship snakes.

Jeannie

9. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

I would never ship ANYTHING ups! Even though I am a TEAMSTER, I feel that UPS only cares about how many packages they can move, not whether or not it gets there in one piece!

Steve

10. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I've always recieved mine through USPS, the good old united states postal service. We have a little tiny post office that serves about 300 people, the mail carrier refuses to put "those nasty things" in her car, so they call me, usually the night before it would be delivered and I go pick it up.
    My grandma has taken to labelling packages that she wants rushed to us "Live Harmless Lizard, May Bite if Threatened" Her and my mom think its funny...the post office just thinks i'm running a zoo. But either way, everyone has always arrived in one peice, even when I buy animals that probably shouldn't have survived the stress of shipping. (i.e. sickly skinny parasite infested lizards that need a little TLC)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.