This Disappears When Logged In

Shipping Help

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by maddie, Mar 3, 2015.

1. maddie

maddie Well-Known Member

I have an adult 2 year old veild chameleon and Im moving so I need to ship her.
    What place to your recommend? I plan on using ship your reptiles
    Should I use the bag or the Dixi cup? What size?
    And im planning on keeping her in the car with me and just ordering the stuff to keep her warm is this a good idea?

2. DragonSlayer

DragonSlayer Established Member

Get a soft sided pet carrier, heating pad and a 12 volt inverter. You can then plug the heating pad into the inverter for heat.

3. maddie

maddie Well-Known Member

Where can I find the inverter

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Originally you stated you were going to use a shipping company. The above answer I believe was if you were taking the Cham with you.
    For a shipping company I prefer using the bags. There is less jostling around than in a container.
    However, depending on where you are shipping to. Many companies might not do it right now because of winter weather.

5. DragonSlayer

Most any discount auto parts store or something like WalMart has them. You only need 400 watts and that can plug into your cigarette light.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Before we get too carried away, exactly how long of a trip are we talking about?

7. maddie

maddie Well-Known Member

10 - 11 hours

8. DragonSlayer

Set up I got isn't pricey. Good heating pad $20, pet carrier was $15 on sale 50% off :) and the inverter is less then $35.

9. Merlin

A small Styrofoam cooler and some hand warmers from the sporting goods store.

10. maddie

maddie Well-Known Member

I ordered a box w/ insulation and I'm glad the hand warms will work BC that's what I was playing on getting. How many do you think I shpuld put in at a time

11. Merlin

That will depend on how cold it is. Use your probe on your thermometer to keep tabs on it.

12. DragonSlayer

That's why I like the heating pad. Set it up, put a thermometer on top of the pad and just keep an eye on the temps few a few hours to make sure it's at the correct temp.

13. maddie

maddie Well-Known Member

Okay thank you :)