This Disappears When Logged In

Shiiva

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by TitoAndKatt, Apr 14, 2013.

1. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Shiiva has a horrible shed recently (her worst shed ever). It has been super dry here, even the full-room humidifier doesn't help much. :( She shed her head and neck, and that was about it. She got a nice soak and then I helped get the shed off. (NO, I did not pull it off, I just let her slither through my hands of her own accord until she had managed to slough it all off.) I supplemented with the spray bottle as I was handling her to keep the skin nice and soaked, it worked well. She got all of the remaining shed off easily.

First she got a good long soak
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All clean and shed! :)
    [​IMG]

Hi mom!
    [​IMG]

My beautiful girl :-*
    [​IMG]

Nice clean cage
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me out!
    [​IMG]

Look at that belly! :-*
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

That's a beautiful BP you have there, and long time no see how have you been?

3. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Thank you! :x She's a spoiled girl. haha

I've been good. I've been going through a LOT of life changes in the last 2 years. After I rehomed Tito I stopped coming around here, it was hard to see everyone else's beautiful igs and miss my girl. :( It's still hard, but it gets easier. Not long after rehoming Tito I started a new job (I LOVE it), then I had to pay for 2 expensive surgeries on my other critters, and then my roommate left. We were also working on applying to medical school. It was a BUSY 2 years. Buuuuttt...My other half and I just got accepted into Medical school - together!!!! :D Woot woot! We will be starting in August. I will be moving in with him in a few weeks. Then in a year we will be moving to Seattle for a year. Then the 3rd and 4th years of medical school we will be moving again. Clinical rotations are 8-12 weeks and our program spans 5 states so we could potentially be moving back and forth across those states a lot, or we may choose to come back up here for the last 2 years (most likely option) and just move around a few times within the state, or we may pick the Seattle Track and stay there for 3 years instead of 1. So a lot of life changes coming up too! :p

Anything exciting happen over here while I was gone? ;)

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice looking girl and best of all, it has a happy ending with the shed :) The lights are killing your humidity, try covering up the screen and maybe eve changing to a substrate that will hold some moisture. Could add moss to a hide when she goes into shed too.

5. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

She is a beauty!!
    Like Joey suggested covering most of the lid and/or a humid hide will help when she's sheding.

6. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

congrats, I've also gone through quite a few life changes in the last 2 years :) good luck and i hope things keep looking up for you guys!