This Disappears When Logged In

Shedding

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by MyfriendSpike, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyfriendSpike

MyfriendSpike Member

I just got my first Flying Gecko, and he just started to shed. Can I pick him up or is the skin to sensitive?

2. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

It's generally a good idea not to handle any shedding reptile until at least a couple hours after they have shed since it may make them uncomfortable or damage the skin.

3. MyfriendSpike

MyfriendSpike Member

Thank u so much, i will keep that in mind! I may ask a few more questions later! bibi

4. MyfriendSpike

MyfriendSpike Member

What if u don't no when he is done, is there a siganl or somthing? Or is he just done when he is done:)? Reply back ppllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssssssssssssseeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! He'll know when hes done! You'll know by the difference in the skin. The new skin will be fresh and brighter colored. The old skin will be dull and cloudy.

6. MyfriendSpike

MyfriendSpike Member

7. MyfriendSpike

MyfriendSpike Member

Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!! I really really appreciate it! :) :) :) :)!!!! I have some more questions though! i can't see him i know he will come out, but i can't see him and don't know the diffrence, because he is under the moss! Reply back ppppppppppppppppppppplllllllllllllleaseeeeeeee!

8. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

Chill out Spike. He is probabaly under the moss cuz its damp and the humidity helps with the shedding process.

9. MyfriendSpike

MyfriendSpike Member

I chilled. Its my very first Gecko and i want to make sure that he is very happy here. he is fast,any tips on how to catch him without hurting him?

Patiently waiting for any reply,

myfriendSpike

10. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

The only geckos that i know of that will tolerate handling are cresteds and Leopards. Im not sure bout flying geckos.

11. MyfriendSpike

MyfriendSpike Member

thank u Toadie78! A sibling got so scared because my Flying Gecko jumped on the cautch and jumped!!!!!!!!!!!

12. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

Fat tailed geckos will be held too

13. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

oh yeah i forgots bout AFT's I would like one of them, thier care is pretty much exactly like a Leopard Geckos.

14. MyfriendSpike

MyfriendSpike Member

Last night I picked up my Flying Gecko! ( Actully my dad did but me and my brother, and dad stroked him:)) My Flying Gecko Flew (jumped) on the couch right beside my OLDER SISTER, she freaked out!!

Patiently waiting for any reply,

myfriendSpike

Greetings from Snowball the West highland terrier and Spike the Flying Gecko!

Togo i wish u all the best!!!

15. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

Thats to funny....

MyfriendSpike why did you type "Togo i wish you all the best" in your last post?

Do u know who Togo was?

16. MyfriendSpike

MyfriendSpike Member

Can i talk to Merlin? thanks for all the tips u guys, but there are still more up my sleeve!! lol! lol! lol! :)

17. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You can post directly to me here or you can send me or any of the members a private message. Just click on the members name and it will take you to their profile and a link to their pm's

18. MyfriendSpike

MyfriendSpike Member

19. MyfriendSpike

MyfriendSpike Member

jk, i returned my Flying Gecko and got a Leopard Gecko!! i don't pick it up at the pet store until Monday! I am getting the the design where yellow is on the bottom and black spots on top! I know they are gentler and a little kinder then the Flying Gecko rite!? I luv your site and practly get on there every day!! This is the third lizard/gecko that i have gotten, and i know i will luv this one just as much!!! I don't know what to name it or stuff like that i will rite that on the other threads! Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.