This Disappears When Logged In

Shedding Soon Or Issue With Skin?

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by rochelle lindsey, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Since my last post asking for help maintain my ball's humidity, I have taken the action to fix it. My humidity is now constantly 60-70% and h=my temps are perfect. I took the advise of those who commented on my thread and got better thermometers and a better humidifier gauge. everything is in ship shape except for my snake! As a first time owner im not sure if this is just the beginning of her shed or if something is wrong. Take a look at these pics. Her skin feels rougher that usual and she is losing coloration is several spots, mostly near her tail. The brown spots your seeing is just substrate residue, but I'm concerned about the white spots forming on her skin. Also, the tops of her eyes are cloudy and have been for about 3-4 days, but only the tops. her behavior has not changed and she ate a nice fuzzy 2 days ago.

2. pics

Attached Files:

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Your snake is in shed cycle. The milkiness will continue and then go clear and shortly after will shed.

Darkbird and rochelle lindsey like this.
  4. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

What he said, and the time it takes can vary a lot depending on the snake and other factors.

rochelle lindsey likes this.