This Disappears When Logged In

Shedding Of Corn Snake For The First Time In My Care

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Courtney248, May 11, 2018.

1. Courtney248

Courtney248 New Member

My Miami Corn Snake is shedding for the first time while in my care, I adopted him around the end of March. He has been doing well all around however I am wanting to be sure that I handle his first shed well. I am unsure on his age however I do believe that he is an adult.
    He began his "blue phase" around May 3rd, I checked on him because he was staying inside his middle hide and not coming out to say hi and that is when I realized that he was in "blue phase". He has now changed from his middle hide to his hide on the warm side two nights ago, I have not seen him or checked on him because I do not want to stress him out and make the shedding process go wrong. I have the humidity at 60%-70% to aide him in the process. Warm side is 80F and cool side is 70-73F. My main concern is that I am doing everything correct and that him hiding for so many days is normal and okay in his shedding process. I want to do everything correct without stressing him out throughout the process.

Thank you in advance.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Relax. It is normal. They can't see well at this time so hiding is expected. However 80 is not warm enough. He needs a basking area of 90 degrees.