This Disappears When Logged In

Severely Worried About My Baby, And Hoping Someone Can Give Advice

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by HarleyKwinn, Aug 13, 2017.

1. HarleyKwinn

HarleyKwinn New Member

My reptilian friends, I severely need your help. Medusa had her very first tough shed this week. and I pulled her out to clean and redo her tank, and to check her for pieces that may have stuck or that she needed help getting loose, and noticed her eye looks super cloudy and has fresh blood on it. Her other eye, and everywhere else look wonderful and her shed seemed to be in a few pieces compared to her previous nearly full sheds. I intend to take her to the vet, but I don't get paid for a week, and I'm hoping someone can help me with advice on anything I can try to help her through this. I am terrified that she may be in pain or god forbid that she is permanently or even temporarily unable to see or strive as the beautiful young lady she is. I'm hoping there is maybe some sort of help i can provide her with at home to ease her or even heal her until I can get her to the Dr. Medusa is my rescue baby, I rescued her on Valentine's day this year, and she's always been a strong healthy eater, a great shedder, and an awesome accomplice in life. My boys and I care for her as if she was my only daughter , and she means the world to me. In all my years with reptiles, I've never had this happen or seen this happen, and I'm extremely worried about her. If you can offer me some experienced, and safe advice, please do so. :/

Attached Files:

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Looks to me like she tried to get an eye cap off and injured herself. The cloudiness might be a stuck eye cap, but I wouldn't mess with it given the injury. Until you can see a vet, I suggest putting her on paper towel substrate and removing any sharp or rough objects. Make sure you keep humidity up though, if there is a cut in the lens of the eye you don't want to dry it out. If you are pretty sure its cut, and you have a gentle antibiotic ointment you could try that, or antibiotic gel for human eyes should work. But use very little.
    I would see the vet as soon as possible.

3. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Make SURE you use antibiotic ointment w/out anything for pain on reptiles. As long as the eye doesn't get infected it should heal up just fine with successive sheds.

4. Rossi1975

Rossi1975 Member

Up your humidity soak her

5. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

How is she now? I agree with upping the humidity and giving her warm soaks.

6. Rossi1975

Rossi1975 Member

soak an then put neosporin on eye or eye antibiotic for eyes check encolseure for sharp corners

7. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Another disappeared OP.