This Disappears When Logged In

Second Snake - Ideas?

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by jonny274, May 4, 2015.

1. jonny274

jonny274 Member

Currently have a very healthy, adult albino cali king. I have made room for a 20-30 gallon tank & am considering a second. I was thinking scarlet king, or something of similar size. I realize that I will probably need to go to a show for anything more exotic then a standard boa/python/king. Any suggestions?

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

A scarlet king would be great! If you do a search on this site of your state and "reptile show" the info for reptiles shows in your area should pop up.

jonny274 likes this.
  3. jonny274

jonny274 Member

TY!

mshrmheadcharge likes this.
  4. mshrmheadcharge

No problem, did you have any luck?

5. jonny274

jonny274 Member

I did, thanks. Looks like Repticon will be back in November. I also found a reptile store in my county that just opened last August!

mshrmheadcharge likes this.
  6. mshrmheadcharge

That's great, I'm glad to hear it. Now hopefully you can find the snake you're after at the show ;-)

7. ExoJoe

ExoJoe Established Member

The shows are amazing. Personally for me I'm like a kid in a candy store. Plus there are great deals on both animals and supplies. Dealing with professional suppliers and breeders is a great way to.

8. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

I like the Mexican black kings, easier to get along with than scarlets, lol. My Everglades rat snake is pretty visible, doesn't spend most of her time buried in the substrate or hiding.

jonny274 likes this.
  9. jonny274

jonny274 Member

I'd considered a rat snake, but that's a bit bigger then what I have space for at the moment. I'll look up black kings though, thanks!

10. ExoJoe

ExoJoe Established Member

I personally have been looking into getting a Mexican black king snake. The all black look is amazing to me. It might make a nice contrast to your albino Cal.

jonny274 likes this.
  11. KhantiMetta

KhantiMetta Active Member

If you're looking for something a little different, the captive bred garter snakes are pretty cool in my opinion. There are some nice morphs coming out that I have seen. They feed on fish and worms, they don't get huge, and don't have as many heating requirements. Plus, I really enjoy their temperament :)

jonny274 likes this.