This Disappears When Logged In

Scorp & Tarantula..

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by Gevaudan, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

True, the fangs are different. Spiders are broken down into two main groups, the true spiders, and the tarantulas. However, both tarantulas and true spiders are in the same order, Araneae, making them both spiders. Kinda like the difference between frogs and toads. Both are technically the same thing, they're all in the order Anura. Tarantulas are all the spiders in the family Theraphosidae. They share the sub-order Mygalomorphae withe the funnel web and trap-door spiders. Most other spiders belong to the sub-order Araneaomorphae. So for now tarantulas are spiders, but givem a few more million years or so, and they might be seperate, along with the trapdoors and funnel-webs. Just couldn't help myself, sorry. I love doing research. It's my next favorite thing to identifying species for people :rolleyes:

2. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

LOL :D Great response Matt!! Ok I cave, you win! :p

3. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Thats kindof kewl! i would never own a T but still kewl the same. On the other hand I am supposed to be getting a scorpion in the future. A hottenta hottenta to be more specific... thats if i can find one :)

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Holy cow Furry!! You said a mouthful (half of which I don't understand but that's ok to) :p LOL
    I'm not into T or scorps but that blue one sure is pretty!!

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

lol, sorry about that :eek: Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.