This Disappears When Logged In

Scincus Scincus

Discussion in 'Skinks' started by Garyfast, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Garyfast

Garyfast Member

Does anyone have any info on the sandfish skink? I'm looking at them but info varies greatly, all help appreciated!

2. aromatherapykim

aromatherapykim Elite Member

Re: Skinkus Skinkus

Scincus scincus is what you're looking for

3. Garyfast

Garyfast Member

Re: Skinkus Skinkus

Yea I forgot it's "C" instead if "K". But info is more important than spelling :/

4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I corrected your title. Information IS more important than spelling but I wanted to learn more about the species and ran a search for how you spelled it and came up with a list of facebook profiles. lol I then ran a search for the common name and found the correct spelling, as I hadn't read any posts yet. (Would have saved me time.) It is always best to run searches for the taxonomic name when looking for info because papers with authority will also come up in searches. As you said, care sheets all seem to differ.

Reading from sites about their native habitat will offer you all of the info you need to know in regards to caring for them. All you need to do is mimic their native environment, temps, humidity, etc.

Common sandfish videos, photos and facts - Scincus scincus | ARKive
    Scincus scincus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Scincus scincus | The Reptile Database
    Sandfish (Scincus scincus) - Information on Sandfish - Encyclopedia of Life
    Effect of seasonal variation on immune system of the lizard, Scincus scincus - Hussein - 2005 - Journal of Experimental Zoology - Wiley Online Library

Those sites should provide you with the proper husbandry.

5. Garyfast

Garyfast Member

Thank you very much!