This Disappears When Logged In

Scared of Food?

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by VampireWashu, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VampireWashu

VampireWashu Member

So the adventure lives on with my King, Fafnir.

It was feeding day and so we dropped in a hopper-sized mouse. And as usual, Fafnir immediately went for his lunch.

However, the hopper lived up to its name and sprang away from his strikes multiple times and left my snake to chase after it.

After about an hour of this, Fafnir was exhausted and left it alone. I took the mouse away and left him to rest.

Now, almost a week later, we've put the mouse back in his tank and Fafnir doesn't want a thing to do with it. He'll press his face right up against the mouse and then just slither away. We've attemped putting a smaller, Fuzzy-sized mouse in, and Fafnir just seemed to become stressed and slithered away from it.

We've left him to be by himself since introducing the fuzzy, and don't plan to put another mouse back in for another few days, and hope that he's hungry enough to eat it.

But what if he doesn't? Did the hyper-active mouse scare my poor Fafnir?

And we've tried feeding him frozen before, and he doesn't want a thing to do with it.

Suggestions?

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Have you tried fresh killed ? 1 of my boas had to gradually go from live to fresh killed to finally frozen thawed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.