This Disappears When Logged In

Say What? CB Axanthic Blues at Petco????

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by CryHavoc17, May 16, 2013.

1. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

So I was picking up some feeders for my ball python from petco amd came across this GORGEOUS baby. I was floored, I've seen these guys online before but I never thought you could get them from anyone but a breeder. They wanted 150 for him. Needless to say I was tempted. My new montra every time I see a reptile I want is "one massive lizzard is more then enough." Lol usually the 15th time I repeat that I can walk away. Or my girlfriend drags me. 20130515_131426.jpg

2. uncertainsky

uncertainsky Elite Member

Yeah they have em here in new Mexico too. I was surprised when they had a black and white tegu too

3. justor

justor Elite Member

150? Good lord. I saw them at petco here last year for 50.

4. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Anyone know how they look as adults?

5. justor

justor Elite Member

I believe they stay blue. A member here has a couple of them and they have stayed blue. Haven't seen an update on them in a while though.

6. Kozakura

Kozakura Elite Member

:D I got mine for a $10 donation... :( poor baby, but Gollum is doing very well now, and his tail is growing back too along with his scales(slowly). I'll post new pictures soon.

7. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Where are these "axanthic blues" found in the wild? Are they not some kind of green iguana morph? I would love to see a picture of a fully grown adult one, say around five years old.

8. justor

justor Elite Member

I don't know where they come from, but it is a green iguana morph. I too would like to see a nice big blue adult, I don't think the morph has been around more than a couple years at this point though.

9. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

OK....I have to add too, that I have never seen a photo of a fully grown "axanthic blue" iguana. People buy these gorgeous little morphs and then after a while....? I believe that it is best to leave nature alone to evolve in its own time. Morphs can have a lot of problems caused by the mixing up. Eg. Head wobble in "spider" Ball Pythons.

My opinion based on instinct and some sad things I have seen and heard.

10. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Another thought on this...I remember when we were kids we used to get all different color "Easter Chickens". Real live little chickens that were pink, green or purple.....or BLUE. This was done by injecting a dye into the egg and the chicken hatched out in whatever color the dye was. Eventually, the color faded away and the chicken became "normal" again. Hmmmmmmm.

11. Kingkooper

Kingkooper Member

there is a breeder in el salvador that has been breeding axanthics and albinos longer than 10 yrs. I was told these were imported by a breeder than bred here. the ones you find at petco are also imports along with certain breeders which also get orders from el salvador. I have found a image but can't post of a 4yr old axanthic but its not letting me upload the photo