This Disappears When Logged In

Savannah Monitor Help

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Dbld420, Oct 3, 2017.

1. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

The compact UVB bulbs are not very effective at all, I personally would remove it. What is the bulb in the middle of the enclosure, you said it was 150w?

2. Dbld420

Dbld420 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I took it out tho, and my ambient on the coldest side is staying at 75.

3. Dbld420

How much ventilation should I have. I have 2 two inch circles in the top left and right corners across from eachother. Is that enough? Or should I have more?

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I would close them off, if you do want a small vent, have it low down close to the substrate level, that way you won`t lose very much heat and humidity (placing them high up you will).

5. Dbld420

Thanks. Honestly u helped me start this journey. And I hope ull be here when it ends... Dro would have met an early demise. But... thanks

6. Dbld420

Just an updare. He' doing much better. I' installing a ramp up the side and around the corner to utilize the upper space. Those tiles are 12x12 so he' definitey much bigger. His back feet are getting some claws back. And he has one full claw on the front so far. 20180105_095251.jpg

AmityReptiles likes this.
  7. Dbld420

The insides finished 151525731955135696794.jpg

murrindindi and AmityReptiles like this.
  8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

The enclosure is looking much better! I will say be careful not to overfeed, he only needs as much energy as he uses , can you give a rundown on the diet and feeding frequency?

9. Dbld420

I feed him 10 earthworms and 5 shrimp every other day. And the day between I throw a bunch of dubia or crickets in for him to hunt down.

murrindindi likes this.
  10. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

It sure helps when someone is willing to make changes like you have as well. Well done.
    So many people fail to realize that an enclosure has to be a life support system. Which so many Savs and other monitors never grow up in. and it eventually catches up to them.

Dbld420 likes this.
  11. Dbld420

Hey. Is their anything u can use to clean my monitor? Soap or anything?

12. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

What is wrong with the monitor that it needs cleaning?

13. Dbld420

I gave him a bath, and he poop, and now he' got a smell to him... lol its pretty much gone tho.

14. Dbld420

Are Madagascar hissers ok to feed him?