This Disappears When Logged In

Sav Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Ahura, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahura

Ahura Elite Member

I'm going to pick up my sav tomorrow at the Edmonton Reptile show. My question is... how many days will he not eat? I know he will be stressed from the move. I will pick up food that day if I have to but the new shipment comes in on Tuesday.

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

If he/she is already eating, you can try feeding just a few items within a few hours, most captive bred monitors are relatively easy to feed. (And almost ALL monitors are avid feeders!) But if the animal seems to want to hide away, just leave for 2 or 3 days, no handling and not too many people glaring at him/her through the glass!
    Savannah monitors are usually quite calm,and especially from very young are easy to tame.. Good luck!

3. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

I don't see any problems. Let us know how things turn out and post some pics if you can.

4. Makeda

Makeda Active Member

Hey dude! hows Ahura? what is "she" eating now?

5. Ahura

Ahura Elite Member

She is eating mostly superworms. I am hand feeding her krill and pinkys once in a while. She doesn't like snails and I ordered some earthworms to be picked up on Tues.

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Ahura, how`s the monitors toe?

7. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

He should always seem hungry. At the same time, don't overfeed! It is better for him to be slightly thin than overweight!
    Obesity can lead to breathing and digestive problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.