This Disappears When Logged In

Sav Help Plz

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by dp428, Feb 1, 2018.

1. dp428

dp428 Established Member

Noticed this today when i took him out, looks like it is going back in and then coming back out. only been watching for about 20-mins. I cleaned the area with just water and a gentle massage, at first though i was thinking prolapse but i dont see anything really protruding out so please take a look and let me know.

He lives in a 9x4x6, 24-28inches of substrate, i think most of you have seen my enclosure though. basking spot is 135-145f, humidity between lowest 60-75% max

has burrow on the cooler side. and a hide box on hot side (under basking spot)

IMG_0931.JPG IMG_0933.JPG IMG_0934.JPG IMG_0935.JPG IMG_0936.JPG IMG_0937.JPG

2. dp428

dp428 Established Member

Also there was a little bit of dirt around the area and some that was in between, i cleaned that and the tissue seemed to start going back in

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Lubricate the area with KY Jelly to keep it moist and see a vet. You don't want it to dry out.
    Since it is a healthy color I'm assuming it is a partial prolapse.
    No particulate substrate to avoid dirt being pulled in.

4. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

I don't really see an issue here. It looks like a healthy cloaca to me. Maybe the sav just recently everted the hemipenes or hemiclitori but that's it... am I missing something?

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I don`t see anything to be concerned about in those photos, but if there was something more you didn`t get a pic of I would follow Mikes advise.