This Disappears When Logged In

Sav Diet

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by steel rip, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

My sav has lost all interest in his live foods, but his eyes light up when I offer him pinkies and its gone in a flash..

I want to try him with some ground turkey now does this have to be cooked or is it fed raw? im being told different things and all care sheets just state ground turkey but not how its prepared...

I cant get him to eat much lately only pinkies and boiled egg, so want to try the turkey..

thanks...

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

that is a very interesting question. I would assume raw as they do not cook their food in the wild, lol. But then again I dont think turkey is on the menu in the wild either, lol. I cant wait to find out the answer though. Isnt it Kriminaal who keeps monitors.

3. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

No you dont cook it. You open the package up and give him some. Cooking it would be kinda pointless lol.

4. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Ok he took it raw, we called an exotics vet and they said no cooked meats at all, he loved it too :D

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Yeppers. Raw turkey it is. When I buy it I deep freeze it in individual feeding portions. Then take one out of the freezer day before and put it in the fridge.

6. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I did the same thing as you for my rough neck monitors Kriminaal, just buy a package of it, break it into smaller portions then deep freeze it. IMO its the most convient way of doing it
    Steel rip...have you tried Roaches? My monsters lived and died for em...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.