This Disappears When Logged In

Safe Materials?

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by Zookeeper14, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Zookeeper14

Zookeeper14 New Member

I am planning on making a room into display areas and habitat for chameleons and some snakes. I want to have part of the walls become the back of the chameleon habitat and was hoping to create a jungle wall look with spray foam. I would love to find a safe spray foam, it would really make the idea simple, but I also don't want to make their environment toxic. I have seen a marine brand by Dow that says it's safe for fish. Not surprised that they don't include reptiles on their list of animals it's safe to use with.

Any suggestions for creating the jungle wall look that will also be safe for critters to climb on when it's done?

Thanks,

Joe

Attached Files:

2. Logan

Logan Elite Member

As far as I understand it The Great Stuff is safe, just make sure you grout and seal it well. As well as let everything dry well and "off gas". But ... don't chameleons do better in completely screen enclosures??

3. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

Yeah great stuff and styrofoam are
    Safe when grouted and painted then sealed with polycrylic......

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

5. Zookeeper14

Zookeeper14 New Member

I appreciate the help and Mike your rock wall is right in line with what I was thinking. I know Logan mentioned more limbs and vines, but I am going to try an convert the whole room to reflect habitat. Long story, but I have a coal room that I am putting the reptiles in. I really would like to turn the room into more of an exhibit.

I would still like to hear other suggestions, can anyone show me some projects with a spay on foam?