This Disappears When Logged In

Sad News HC :-(

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by pjrojo, May 6, 2012.

1. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

HC
    I have some sad news, I woke up early this morning to start my upgrade project on the Green Python's enclosure, I opened the glass doors and she was laying on the bottom not moving, I got the hook pulled her out and she was lifeless, I have no idea what happened or why, The temp and humidity level were spot on, My two boys (ages 6 and 14) are going to be crushed when I tell them, I'm pretty crushed myself

Joey and Andrea
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU for everything y'all have done to help with her, The two of you helped me with her so much and gave me the confidence to maintain a Green Tree Python

Here was the last picture taken of her....

6998003446_75ab516dcc.jpg

Attached Files:

2. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I am so unbelievably sorry

3. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I am so sorry for your loss :(

4. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I am so very sorry you lost your beloved family member. You are in the thoughts of the McConley family/zoo. I am sure she knew you did all you could to make her feel safe and secure.

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm really sorry to hear Pat... You did a lot of work to get her where she was and don't blame yourself. I'm trully sorry for your loss, she was an awesome little girl.

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, she was a gorgeous snake and I know that she will be missed by all here. Take comfort in knowing that you gave her a wonderful home with lots of love.

7. HerpFanatic

HerpFanatic Elite Member

Sorry to hear that. RIP little fella.

8. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Sorry for your loss :(

9. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I know how hard unexpected loss can be, especially for young children.

10. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

THANK YOU ALL!!!! It was really nice of you all to stop down to post a message for her and my boys. I can’t say enough good things about everyone on HC, this is by far the best forum I have ever been be a part of…

@tjohnson722: Thank you for your message

@wyldrose: Thank you Susan

@David McConley: I did my very best to keep her in the best environment possible but I guess things happen, Thank you for your thoughts

@Joey: Man ‘O Man!!! Today was the day I was going to make all the changes and upgrades to her enclosure like I did with the Corns yesterday, She was pretty dang awesome wasn’t she, Again I can’t Thank You enough for all your help and tricks of the trade, You helped make her home a good one

@mld: Thanks Michele! Your kind words mean a lot

@herpfanatic: Thanks for stopping to post a message

@mshrmheadcharge: Thank you!

@gapeachkatie: Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated, the youngest will have a lot of questions as to what happened, He took claim to Skull and the Green Tree

11. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I have been through that before with my goddaughter when her dog passed away. I hope your 6yr old is able to understand it and handle the news well.

12. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

What a sad thing to wake up to in the morning. Sorry to hear of her passing. :(

13. mele

mele Elite Member

Im truly sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. My thoughts are with you and your family.

14. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

My condolences!
    It's the totally unexpected ones that really get to you.

15. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

I am very sorry for your loss.

16. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

So sorry to hear about this! I know you were really doing everything you could to make a wonderful home and environment for her. She must have had some sort of parasites or problem that you couldn't have known about.
    If you get another snake, be sure to sterilize everything in that enclosure CAREFULLY!! Are you having /did you have a necropsy done to determine the cause of death?
    All the best to you and your boys.