This Disappears When Logged In

RIP Sully the Cat :(

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Wyldrose, May 28, 2013.

1. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I have been dragging this out too long, he dropped so much weight 18 months ago. We finally decided today was the day to send the old guy up to that catnip factory way up there.

RIP Sully, I'll miss you!
    014-56.jpg

Attached Files:

2. NancyA

NancyA Elite Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so difficult when you loose one. I'm sure Sully will always be with you watching over you and your family.

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

You definitely have my sympathy.

4. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

I am sorry for your loss..I'm sure you gave Sully an amazing life and I'm certain he's bragging about you in kitty heaven...

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

So sorry for your loss Susan... RIP sully

6. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

:( RIP Sully. It is always hard letting a furkid go. Sorry for your loss.

7. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Wow Susan, this has been a rough year thus far. I am sorry for your loss.

8. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Handsome guy! What was wrong with him?

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Sully was 18-20 years old, blind( cateracts), he lost a lot of weight, basically was a bag of bones. He was having issues with getting up to his food dish and using his litter box. Keeping him around just was not doing anyone a favor. He will be cremated this weekend. I'm going to miss his boney butt in my bed with me at night!

10. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Nice long life! Its always hard when they have to go, but the time with them makes it worth it.

11. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I adopted him from the SPCA 4 years ago. I didn't want him dying in a cage at a shelter. I figured he deserved to be loved and live in a warm home for the last few years. And he did! The second you touched him he purred. Even when he was all mad at you for cutting his nails, just scratch his chin and the motor started up again :) He is no longer being harassed by the younger cats or chased by the dogs.

12. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Bless you for giving an older cat a nice loving home in his last years! That is so hard, knowing that you might not have long. Each one has their own way they touch your heart. I still miss my cats that I had as a kid. I miss the ones we had when my husband and I met. One died at age 11. Too young. I miss that one. He was my BUD. Lol. He was so cool. I am sorry for your loss. He was a pretty cat!

13. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

Bless your heart, I'm sorry for your loss. But he died knowing he was truly loved and given a second chance. So many shelter animals don't get that chance.