This Disappears When Logged In

RIP My Sweet Girl, Willa

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by brooksy, Apr 19, 2014.

1. brooksy

brooksy Elite Member

This morning I was woken up by my husband telling me that our cat had somehow gotten into one of the tubs in our leopard gecko rack and killed our sweet leopard gecko, Willa.
    We have no idea how he pulled the tub halfway out, as it is tight enough that we need to put effort in to slide it out. We have always checked to make sure he couldn't get into them as he has great hunting skills for an indoor cat.
    Now I can't help but feel responsible, as I've always said that we are responsible for providing our reptiles with a safe, secure home. And I can't help but feeling angry at our cat, who is normally my cuddly fur baby. It feels wrong to be so upset with him but right now I can't change my feelings. I normally wouldn't share the passing of a pet but with the traumatic way it happened I am hoping this somehow can help with moving on.
    I will miss Willa greatly and am sorry for the way her life ended. She will get buried once the snow goes away.

- - - Updated - - -

And we're moving that rack into a room with a door to make sure the cat can't get into the other bins.

2. xRawrz

xRawrz Active Member

So sorry for your loss :(, no one can predict these things and you done your best in the interest on both parts and no one can tell you any different. You may be angry at your fur baby for now but he wouldn't have known better, he will sense your upset and hopefully you can forgive him soon and he may be able to help you move on. Our animals become our family, and family is what you need in a difficult time. You'll always have the precious memories of Willa to smile to. R.i.p :(((

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

So sorry for the loss. One thing you can try is either drilling a hole down the middle of all the shelves and running rope or chain through it or a wooden dowl for each shelf. Both way s will make it so the bins can not come out without you moving the chain or dowel.

4. Froglet

Froglet Active Member

Oh that is a sad story, loosing any pet is hard. The thing with your cat though, well he is a cat. If you were a cat you would like to do what comes Natural too, forgive him and love him. You are not responsible either accidents do happen unfortunately.