This Disappears When Logged In

RIDICULOUS "Snake Slayer" Ad

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by rugbyman2000, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugbyman2000

rugbyman2000 Elite Member

Came across this ad today while reading a gun magazine. Apparently if you are a fisherman it is in your best interest to carry a special "snake gun" for those ferocious snakes that jump in the boat and bite you just for the fun of it.

However, I found a major design flaw with this product:
    Once the snake has jumped into your boat to get you, you're going to sink your boat if you shoot it. Then the rest of the snakes in the area may smell blood in the water and come to eat you, and steal your fish, and probably your gun as well.

[​IMG]

It is hard to believe I have spent so many years of my life fishing, completely unarmed, and I still live to talk about it!

Has anyone ever seen a dumber reptile ad?

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow...i'm speechless.

3. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

Wow... I so cant believe you've survived fishing! You do know that its one of the most dangerous sports due to those snakes.... ROFL Just goes to show, people will try and market anything... Poor snakes... Ya know if they did just jump in your boat... It may make field herping so easy lol

4. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

not to mention, how many people are a good enough shot to hit a moving snake? lol

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Particularly since they have been sitting in the boat all day drinkng beer! :rolleyes:

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Elite Member

Wow, thats amazing! I buying one! this sorta thing happens to me all the time. It's just so hard to kill those darn snakes with dynamite.. and the RPG is just too big to carry on my boat, not to mention akward to use in such a small area... those darn snakes move too fast i tell ya.. This should make it alot easier to kill all those snakes that come around when im fishing.. lmao!! thats about as smart as using a lighter to see when fixing a gas leak on your car's gas tank...

7. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I think everyone has it all wrong! I think that invention is GREAT!

Here is the scenario:

Theres a man in a boat, been drinking all day, and a snake jumps in ready for a fight. he draws his weapon, shoots, and completely misses because the snake is now under the seat. Unfortunantly for the shooter, he now has a hole in the boat, and it's sinking. The more he shoots and misses, the faster he goes down.

Since he has been drinking, and he is roughly a mile offshore, the likelihood of him swimming back is pretty slim.

What does that mean? The world is now freed of one ignorant person and we can all sleep better knowing the snake got away and the idiot drowned.

Lesson of the day: If someone is stupid enough to buy that product, they DESERVE to drown. :)

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Sputter!
    And now I have to clean the coke off my screen!

9. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I would be missing toes and and god knows whatever else. I tell you though what a genius this person is,, I have that problem all the time when I go fishing with my hubby, those darn 35 foot anacondas jump in my boat all the time, at least 2 an hour, I am so tire of having to wrestle the pacific northwest GIANT, rabid, man eating anaconda.

Rich, I like your theory a lot!

10. barnkat

barnkat Elite Member

I was in need of a good laugh, it's been a rough couple of days here! LOL

11. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

Rich, Thats flippin awesome! I love that.....

Nicole, I wouldnt be worried about the Anacondas... The Banded Sea Snake (Laticauda colubrina) Has mutated and can now swim up our rivers, and they susposedly, dig burrows and winter over Here in Wa... And they are super aggressive... LOL

(sorry guys I herd a lady saying this in walmart... Some people shouldnt be allowed to watch animal planet)

12. nicole

nicole Elite Member

ohhhh,, That must be what I saw last night on my front porch eating the neighbors cat, lol.

13. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

OHHH NOO! ROLF Must have been a big one! Ya know if you would have caught it... You coulda sold it on craigslist... (AHHH LOL)

14. nicole

nicole Elite Member

oh but it was at least 100 feet long so I figured better stay in the house :D

15. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

Oh wow Lol I am so glad the people here have such a good sence of humor....

16. rugbyman2000

rugbyman2000 Elite Member

This is true. We could look at it as a "gene pool improvement product." Maybe one of the purchasers of this product will even win a Darwin Award.

My other thought is that this ad is offensive on two fronts. It gives snakes AND hunters a bad name. I'll bet it would get similar reactions on a hunting/gun website just like it has here. It deffinitely exploits the negative stereotypes of both groups: snakes are out to get 'ya and hunters are gun totin' idiots who shoot at anything that moves (shoot to kill, now...). It was a full color ad in a national NRA magazine, so it must have been very expensive ad space. Makes me wonder if the ad actually works on anyone!

17. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

Wow... what people can come up with is very sad. ( Rich love your lesson )

18. okreptilerescue

okreptilerescue Elite Member

people are retarded- BUT

There is a lake near where i live and the cotton mouths WILL actually come up in your boat after you- jet ski's and everything else- the lake is so overrun with the things they're incredibly territorial and if you get back in the coves and more secluded areas- you better be a snake person with a lot of experience....

but- yha, products like that really are just retarded.

19. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

The irony of a herd of "armed" (get it, "armed"?) snakes "running" (get it, "running"?) around the woods by the shore of the river is just killing me! Do 10 minutes of side-splitting laughter count as ab exercises?

20. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

OMG lmao I almost choked on my coffee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.