This Disappears When Logged In

Retics Are Exciting!

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Mattersmore29, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Mattersmore29

Mattersmore29 Member

So I haven't had my tiger for very long... to day was her second feeding Actually. Ava (her name) hasn't been very active for a retic... lol I suppose I have been just really anxious to se her being more like a retic since she came home with me. After her feeding today I saw a glimpse of their nature. First time she fed she ate quickly, hissed and then escaped to her hide.... although today she ate with a heavy feeding response and after she got the nice sized rat down she hunted and watched me testing the air for more action. Sounds silly but it was quite exciting to see her so intense, I mean my boa is just so sweet and calm... not that my retic isnt sweet but i suppose you could understand if you keep the two different constrictors. Awesome experience

Attached Files:

Darkbird likes this.
  2. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

Yes, mine is like that, once she's eaten it's as if she's "turned on" and stays alert looking for more prey for some time after finishing a meal.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! Wait till you see an adult in full feeding mode! Gives you a different view of exactly where WE stand in the food chain!

Mattersmore29 likes this.
  4. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Heck, just seeing an adult active and alert in curiosity mode is pretty impressive.

Attached Files:

5. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

Do you have any branches/shelves for her to climb on? When mine rears up like that she's wanting to climb, when she's out she always goes for the high ground, which is usually on top of my head.

6. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

That wasn't my retic, it was at the now closed local reptile zoo. That girl did that a lot, and never attempted to climb. She was just looking around.