This Disappears When Logged In

Retic is Getting Defensive?!

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by Hkg, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

Hey guys. I feel like I'm always spamming y'all with my posts. So I apologize. I've been having some problems with my dwarf retic. At first he was okay with handling. Like the previous owner sai he never tried to strike. But I'm 2nd time trying to take him out he tried to strike. I'm not sure if he intended to actually but or as just a bluff. But other than that I could pull him out with my hands and not worry. That was a while ago. A little under a week ago I fed him. He was super ****ed off but I took him out anyway to feed in a separate container (that's what the previous owner did) once he was out of his cage he seemed fine. But as soon as I set him in the tub he went into defense mode and but the guinea pig (that's all I had on hand till my order came in) but didn't hold on till like 30 minutes later I picke the guinea pig up and he struck and constricted. I'm not sure if he was trying to get me or not. After her ate he wouldn't let me touch him so getting back in the cage was a hassle. But ever sense he's been super defensive in his cage. I can't take him out at all. Why do you think he's like this now? I've tried snake hook training, but he hates the hook and just gets even more mad. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong or what's going on. Do you think it could be the guinea pig. It was rather large so i was worried at first, but sense he ate it my worry kind if went away. He has urinated or what ever but no poop as far I can see. He does kind of have a bulge but nothing really noticeable unless you know it's there.