This Disappears When Logged In

retained shed under the jaw

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by Disturbedcries87, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

Hey sorry havnt posted latly been quite busy. Pandora is doing good eating shedding by her self. But i have noticed shes retained shed under her mouth been like that now for 2 sheds shes gone through. Any advice what do to?:confused: thank's and a happy new year

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

You should soak her a few times a day, this always helps :)

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Simplest way to deal with retained shed is to put the snake in a wet pillowcase, along with a large wet towel. Knot the pillowcase and leave in the enclosure overnight. The dampness along with the snake moving around against the towel should cause the old skin to come right off.

4. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

That trick with the damp towel and pillowcase really works too. I did it with complete success once about a year ago. :)

5. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

I was just about to suggest this method as well. I just finished posting the exact same trick for jshrad whos BP is experiencing a retained eye cap.

6. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Hi,

Looks like you have all the advice you need right now. ;)

Im having the same problems except my snake has a retained eyecap. I actually have my snake in a pillow case with a damp bag now.

Hope things get better for you.

7. Amber

Amber Elite Member

Good luck, and be sure to get the humidity up for her next shed! :)

8. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

so tommorrow im putting her in a pillow case with a damp towel in it. Thanks for the help ill keep ya'll posted on how it turns out. and soon as my gf gets me the camera ill have pictures of her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.