This Disappears When Logged In

RES with Swollen Eyes

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by graduationxday, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Your RES is going to outgrow that tank soon, you'll want to look into bigger enclosures.

You could order the eye drops from the site if you think it would be quicker. In the meantime, just try and get some vit. A, and make a vet appt.

2. graduationxday

graduationxday Elite Member

We are. I'm trying to get my sister to pay for it this time instead of me, because she was the one who wanted the turtle in the first place. I've ended up being the one who takes care of her. But we are looking for a big tank and trying to find a good place to put it.

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I keep my turtle in a plastic storage bin. It works out great, and though temporary, it would be an improvement, and very cheap too.

Attached Files:

4. graduationxday

I have good news!
    We went to the pet store a couple days ago and got some of the eye drops, some food that treats bacterial infections (it said it helps eye infections too), and some new vitamins.
    After just the first day of the eye drops, she opened her eyes a little bit :]
    Today is the third day, and she's still getting better. There is definite improvement.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

That's good to hear!

6. graduationxday

I knowww it's great :]
    The swelling's still going down and everything so whoot! Haha.
    Thank you for all your help

7. graduationxday

Update:
    Jeremy's right eye is nearly completely better, but the left is still pretty swollen. She's being pretty lethargic. I've got to clean out her tank tomorrow...
    Should I worry that the left is not better and the right is?
    Has it been too long without getting completely better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.