This Disappears When Logged In

Reptile Hide Idea

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by Hkg, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

Hey guys I was walking through home depot today and I saw a sprinkler box an. Had a great idea (in my opinion) so I thought why not share it with the great people of herp center? It wasn't my first time seeing one. But it was my first time seeing on out of the ground. You know the green lids you see in the ground? And if you open them there is a black box full of wires or pipes or something, yeah? Well those have atleast one hole on the side. So I thought. What if I widened that hole? That way my snake or lizard could fit through. Then it's a dark hide that can hold humidity very well if need be.. And accessibility is awesome because there is a lid at the top than can be opened for acces to the inside.
    As far as I know there isn't harmful chemicals or anything in them, I could be wrong though. I'm gonna do more research on them.
    Now the only flaw I can see with them is they are pretty big. There is a variety of sizes I'm sure, but they are rather tall if I can remember correctly. I don't think it's a huge turn off and I'm sure it's easily fixed by trimming the walls of the box type thing down. And I think it would be fine for an out door enclosure or if you have a free roaming creature of some sort.

So I hope this makes sense to y'all. I'm rather bad with words and putting my thoughts into words. I'll keep looking into them and post if I find anything different or to aware of. Let me know what you think about this idea too!

image.jpg
    image.jpg