This Disappears When Logged In

Reptile Enclosures

Discussion in 'Web Development Assistance' started by Rich, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Liz (schlegelbagel) suggested the creation of a new feature for Herp Center. This feature, as the title of this thread suggests, is in relation to Reptile Enclosures.

HC has added an image gallery that displays enclosures our members have posted on the site already. These enclosures can be found within threads and other galleries, but they are scattered and require endless searching through posts and images. The new gallery organizes them by species and makes access to the images quick and simple.

The gallery is located here:

Reptile Enclosures - Habitats Index

It isn't complete yet, and will require the addition of loads more images and categories. It is a start and can already be used to help other members with ideas.

I need help with this. I do not have time to go through every post on HC and locate these enclosures. It would be a great asset to me if the members of HC could post in this thread links to already existing threads where enclosures are located.

This will allow me the ability to use this thread as a way of "crossing off" those enclosures that have been added.

I appreciate the help and look forward to any feedback you all may have regarding this feature.

Update: Please don't send me PM's or post in this thread asking me if I want you to upload your enclosure pictures. If you feel you have a nice enclosure to add to the gallery, post it and I will add it.

2. IguanaMom

IguanaMom Elite Member

Sounds Great Rich!

Will try to help anyway at all

Nat & LaLA

3. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

4. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Here is my FBT tank -- the soon to be old version...

http://www.herpcenter.com/herp-photos/26967-updated-fire-bellied-toad-tank.html

Crested Gecko's tank:
    http://www.herpcenter.com/rhacodactylus/27101-putting-them-together.html

The double decker Leopard Gecko tank:
    http://www.herpcenter.com/general-construction/25339-construction-double-gecko-tank-pic-heavy-2.html

Hope that helps. I probably have better pics of some and maybe more that never got loaded on the site -- do you want me to just post links to individual pics?

Great idea, btw!!!! It was always a pain to search for my own pics when I wanted to show someone something - not to mention trying to remember who had a tank setup I liked...

5. Rich

I added all 3 tanks. Thanks!

6. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

7. Rich

That works! Thanks!

8. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

9. MikeTheMonkeyMan

MikeTheMonkeyMan Active Member

10. Rich

Added, Thanks!

11. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

12. Rich

Added, Thanks!

13. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

That's a cool idea. I have some posts that I will link to when I get home. I'm on my phone right now.

14. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

I have some racks that I built, but not in any threads if that will help?

15. Rich

We are not in need of rack images. A user can look at any bookshelf and get the rack idea rolling.

The idea behind this section is to help inspire people with designing their own enclosures. We are constantly getting people asking for others to post their enclosures. This section does that for them.

If people want to upload images of their enclosures to their albums or galleries and then link those, that would be fantastic!

16. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

I have one i built just have to look for the pics.

17. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

18. Rich

Hydro, If you have a picture you believe would be better suited for the enclosure section that one that is currently on the site, upload it and link me to it. lol

Vivarium Added

19. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

Here's a fairly good pic of my CWD cage with the new camera, If you would like a different one or anything let me know.

Picture001.jpg

Attached Files:

20. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member