This Disappears When Logged In

Repta-Aid Critical Care Formula Insectivore / Carnivore Emergency Aid

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by budhorse4, Jan 7, 2011.

1. budhorse4

budhorse4 Well-Known Member

Hey everybody,

My young CWD went through a rough patch with our cat, and after that, he's just not eating, moving, or drinking. I took him to a vet right away and everything checked out fine. I'm worried about him though. I did a google search of any supplement that might help him feel more like himself, and one thing that caught my eye was the Fluker's Repta-Aid Critical Care formula. I read some reviews and it seems like a good product, but I just wanted to see if anyone had used it. Right now the only thing I can get him to eat is crushed up crickets, waxworms, and a liquid calcium supplement all mixed with water and fed to him by syringe.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

3. budhorse4

Thanks a lot for the link! I've decided to buy a bag for Herman, hopefully my little guy can get to feeling better soon! :)

4. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

how long ago was he attacked and how bad were the wounds. I would consider a recheck with your vet just to be safe. any time there is decreased activity, and appetite for more than 24hrs you should have a check up.

5. budhorse4

It happened Wednesday night. The wounds were just surface, no bleeding at all. Today he seems a little better. He jumped down from his basking spot and got a drink of water. I have been soaking him every day and he pooped today.

6. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Eating on his own yet?, Try offering something very desireable to him if not.

7. budhorse4

I offered him a feeder guppy, those are his favorites. After a little convincing he took it. He also shed today! I have never seen him this green. I pulled a big glob of old skin and suddenly he started acting much happier. He took a swim in his pool, climbed on his waterfall, and generally looked better. I wonder if a piece of skin was preventing him from breathing normally? Well, I will still be keeping a very close eye on him still, but I hope this means Herman will start getting better.

One question, though. Do Chinese water dragons lose teeth as they get older? I've noticed that Herman is missing about two teeth on his upper jaw. Just wanted to know if that was normal or not. If not I'm assuming he bit the cat and they were pulled out.

8. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Glad to hear he is eating, i doubt the skin was hindering breathing, more than likely he was probably very stressed from the whoe ordeal, definately keep the cat away tho. I dont think they shed teeth like mammals do, from hatchling to adult. I think they just replace as needed.

9. budhorse4

So his teeth will grow back? I won't need to get tiny lizard dentures? Lol