This Disappears When Logged In

Reproductive Maturity?

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Microscope Jockey, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Do leopard geckos become restless when they first hit sexual maturity? Duke has calmed down a lot since he has matured but Camille is DRIVING ME CRAZY being restless for like a week or two. I've checked EVERYTHING and all her parameters are fine. She does not seem distressed, just restless, and she's at a weight were she could reproduce so I wondered if she's in some sort of annoying gecko puberty?

My only other guess is that she can sense the change in the weather or maybe the lunar cycle. Does the lunar cycle effect their reproductive cycle? She's been being a pest lately and Duke's been hiding a lot, which is unusual for him.

2. Kikai

Kikai Elite Member

I don't have an answer for you, MJ, but remember when Duke did this to you, too? I think you may be right, that they go through a surge of activity adapting to the new hormones. If I hear anything else, I'll let you know.....

3. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Duke was really obnoxious when he was a baby between like 6-9 months and then started to be more pleasant once he was a little under a year. Camille is 7 months or so I think. Also when Duke ht maturity there were no other lizards in the house so maybe his pheromones are driving poor Camille up the wall? Shouldn't it be the other way around? He's hiding mostly, which he never does, so it's not like he's trying to get out of his cage to find her or anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.