This Disappears When Logged In

reporting pet stores

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by Rakoladycz, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

We have 3 pet stores around where i live all of which sell turtles just bigger than a quarter(no where near the 4 inches). Normally i wouldnt think anything of this but they arent selling them for educational purposes only. I know this because my younger sisters friend and her siblings purchased 4 of them recently. Previous to this my sister her self had bought one and i called them informing them this was illegal unless it was for educational purposes but they pretty much just blew me off. How would i go about reporting them or should i just let it be and not bother with it?

Alll of the above 5 mentioned turtles purchased were purchased from the same pet store but i do plan on informing the others of this as a turtle bought previous to all of them was bought from one of them.

Any advice would be helpful

2. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

**** NO! Turn them in! Hmm, I think for that you'd contact your game and fish? Ok, I have no idea.

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    Where exactly do these store reside? What state anyways. Perhaps someone could post the info for the humane society or your local ASPCA organization.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

There are apparently a lot of shops that have figured out the "for educational purposes only" bypass to the 4 inch law. Its becoming all too common! I've even seen them show up at fleamarket vendor stands. :eek:
    What really bothers me is when I see them at Herp shows ran by Herp societies. You would think that at least THEY would know better!

Here comes another round of salmonella outbreaks and another strike against herpers. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.