This Disappears When Logged In

Recommendations??

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by NoahGotHerpsDewd, Apr 10, 2014.

1. NoahGotHerpsDewd

NoahGotHerpsDewd Well-Known Member

I have a Hypo Hogg island boa, and right now I have an 8 watt UTH heat pad on the hot spot. The temps are sitting between 74 to 78 degrees, and I need it to be more like 82 to 85 degrees and I also need to up the cool side temperature in her cage as well. Please guys, I need a recommendation on the best light to bring this all around heat up a bit in her cage to where I need it to be. I am going to the store today after work to buy her one. Any and all opinions are accepted, please help me out guys I can't waste any money on lights that will be too much or too little as I am very broke... lol. Thank you again guys!

2. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Wait your hot spot is 74° - 78°??? That needs to be 89° - 93°. Ambient/Air temps should be 78° - 83°, cold side should be about the same as your ambient temps

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Get a Halogen floodlight. Unfortunately it will depend on your setup and room temperature as to what wattage is best.
    Getting a 100 watt and putting it on a dimmer or rheostat would be a good idea.

4. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Until you have a chance to respond, I'll assume the issue here is trouble with ambient temps. Best solution in that case would probably be a ceramic heat emitter and a thermostat, which can be left on all the time and will adjust for fluctuations in room temps. Cheapest will be the halogen flood and a household dimmer as kriminaal said. And as was also said we'll need the details on your setup before even taking a stab at what wattages you might need.